Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

lower back pain

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Scotland19, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Scotland19

Scotland19 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    does anyone else experience lower back pain when running where the lower back feels like its tightening up? I don't know if this is down to deadlifting twice a week and the fact that I never stretch my back or if it's something I should have looked at...

2. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I have an almost constant lower back pain but I think that's from years of bad posture at middle school, and only starting to correct it now.
    I doubt never stretching your back will do anything other than hinder you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Reckon your deadlifting too much, if doing strength work do squat,bench and press weekly and deadlift every couple of weeks. Give that a go and see how you get on, helped me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Be aware, recurrent lower back pain (which basically means chronic) on your medical record is a potential bar to entry.

Prevention is far, far better than cure.

Powerlifting, running in boots or with weight are the most common, totally preventable and unnecessary causes.