Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Lympstone deferral?

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Kipper, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Kipper

Kipper New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello all, this year is my last year at university and after several years in the Army Reserves, I’m interested in joining the Royal Marines as YO. I’m wondering, if after a successful POC and then AIB pass, is it possible to defer your place at Lympstone? My understanding is you can for your place at Sandhurst, for up to a number of years.

I’ am well aware there are only two intakes a year, with places being competitive in the first place, and that the application process from start to finish itself may take some time. However, I may not be able to join straight away, for personal reasons - but would still be eager to get the application process underway.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers.

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    As far as I am aware, no. But hopefully a recruitment guru will be along for a solid answer.

If you are finished uni, why not just go for it? You don’t owe the Army Reserves anything, so don’t put it off for them.

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Only one in September. The days of two YO Batches, one starting May and the other September are a distant memory.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If entering into uni, you can get a reserved place if you pass poc & aib with a decent score, which remains valid 3 years, but the medical & PJFT needs to be kept in date.

Beyond uni, poc & aib are valid 12 months only.

As stated above, one entry a year in Sept.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kipper

Kipper New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ah I didn't know that, thanks for the correction

6. Kipper

Kipper New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Interesting, that sums it up. Will figure it out with my AFCO. Thanks for the response