Lympstone get there

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi was just wonderin wt are the differnt ways to get to lympstone i thought at first you had to get the train. but my *text deleted* said he got dropped outside the gates. so i am confused now ahhhhhh. and when you do go to the gates what do ya do then ! haha help. :D

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You can go by pogo stick or Space Hopper if you like, but normally the Navy pays for you to get the train.

If someone happens to be driving there (not you because you cannot take a a car to Lympstone whilst a Recruit) they can drop you off. If you're on PRMC, you'll have a joining letter & the gate staff will have a list of attendees.

Best of luck!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hence the reason why in 2004 a girlfriend of a serving Para corporal or Sergeant got onto their base and woke a troop of recruits up at 02:00 and started 'extra phys' them for an hour.

I think she had a thing about pretending to work in the forces and uniforms, it wasn't meant to be a joke, she was serious. It would have been hilarious if she was doing it for a joke, but she had some kind of illness so we shouldn't laugh should we. :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*:

GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
PAGreenwell said:
Interesting, when I was on POC I just walked up to the gate and said "I'm here for POC" and the MOD Policeman just let me straight in and gave me directions to the guardroom.
Hmmn, maybe your chauffeur-driven Bentley limo did the trick?

Having said that, even a suicidal terrorist would be somewhat foolish to try & blag his way into Lympstone - there has to be quicker & less painful ways to die.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rascist or offend anyone here, but if an asian, dark coloured foriegner got of the train with a bag, i think anyone at the front gate would take be very cautious.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
JK, I don't know how to answer with reasons why the gate guard would let you through without giving anyone reading this site bad intentions, instructions on how to bypass him.

But ultimately no I don't think they treat anyone arriving differently from anyone else. A large amount of Marines are from all over the world and they wouldn't think it is out of the ordinary in the slightest.

All the best

GW

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Gate Security

No big licks really, the guard room is just opposite the maingate at Lympstone so you can't really go far without being pinged.

Mind you, I once got into a Pompey naval base showing a beer mat as an ID card. :roll: Maybe the sentry drank Carling Black Label! :)

On another occasion when I was the maingate sentry at HMS Warrior. A civvie contractor pointed at my side arm and said:

"I bet that's just a starter pistol mate?"

So I said: "If you're a betting man, I'll bet you 1000 to 1, that you can't breach our security and get more than 10 feet before I blow your fcuking head off." :shock:

"Oh." He frowned. "I don't think I'd like to take that bet."

WISE MAN! :twisted: :shock: :D

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*! quality, obviously not a betting man then!!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Re: Gate Security

ste preece said:
So I said: "If you're a betting man, I'll bet you 1000 to 1, that you can't breach our security and get more than 10 feet before I blow your fcuking head off." :shock:

"Oh." He frowned. "I don't think I'd like to take that bet."

WISE MAN! :twisted: :shock: :D
Oh how I fear for the little kids trick or treating in your area tonight Steve :cry:

Jokes aside, The alert may have been downgraded a few years ago, but I imagine Steve that you weren't over reacting back then with regards the mainland campaign from the IRA. The people trying to get bombs on bases weren't those from the Daily Mirror neither.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Haloween

I did consider answering the door tonight with a mask on and giving the kids a trick or treat surprise too! :twisted: :D

On a more serious note. You're right Greywing. I took the guys comments as a tongue in cheek, test of metal. The IRA were a big threat at that time and vigilence was as ever, high on the agenda.

Cheers

Steve