Mahoosive run

ringo

Reaction score
So as part of my training me and my mate decided to go on an 8 mile run yesterday. This had been planned for some time. We picked a route to run and stocked up and set off.

As i am fortunate enough to live in the New Forest there are plenty of places to go.
So anyway we got about a mile down the road and came to a sort of T-junction. We were suppose to turn right but it woulda been mainly road running and not much forest running so we decided to go left.

After runnining for a few more miles we quickly became lost. Didn't rele have a clue were we where. We sorta new the general direction of places and we kept going. We ended up *text deleted* to a place called Lepe beach and due to the sea had to turn around and find our way back.

We set off at 11am and got back to the car at roughly 2.30pm. Worked out we ran/walked about 20 miles! a little more than what we were going to do.

But it was great fun and *text deleted* be doing it all again very soon. Also going to wack some photos up for you all to see.

Wats the furthest anyone heres ever ran.... without realizin??*text deleted*

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I did this the other day, set out a 5 mile route but ended up well off course, don't actually know how far i ran but it was over double my route. Climbing snowdon next week, hoping not to get too lost then.

ringo

Reaction score
awesome! *text deleted*.... i would love to climb snowdon or Ben Nevis or summin. Was meant to go on a winter mountaineering course this march but s*text deleted**text deleted*y work wouldnt alow me to take leave for it! so not happy about tht.

nd yeah it wouldnt be good if you got lost up snowdon. dont think it would be very nice. *text deleted*

ringo

Reaction score
that looks awsome, dont think ill be doing tht anytime soon though.

haha, *text deleted*

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Alright ringo, notice your from the new forest! Whereabouts are ya? Im in verwood, if thats anywhere near you?

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
awesome! *text deleted*.... i would love to climb snowdon or Ben Nevis or summin. Was meant to go on a winter mountaineering course this march but s*text deleted**text deleted*y work wouldnt alow me to take leave for it! so not happy about tht.

nd yeah it wouldnt be good if you got lost up snowdon. dont think it would be very nice. *text deleted*

we are doing snowdon 3 times, once a fortnight, then on to ben nevis we think!
We have got our route sorted for saturday just hoping the weather forecast is good tomoz to get it sorted!

ringo

Reaction score
hiya fletch. I cant say ive heard of verwood. I live in hythe which is down near fawley and totton area. Where abouts is verwood in relation then?