Manchester ?

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Left it in another thread but dno if anyone seen it..

Just wondered if anyone lives in manchester, im going up there on business this monday for a week and want to carry on training but would be good to know where local gyms are etc or have a running partner or summit if any of you live local..?

Ill find out which part of manchester it is today just incase anyone is interested..

Ash

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
I'm from manchester, need someone to do road running with.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea same. near the OldTrafford Stadiom!

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well i tried *text deleted* hold of the *text deleted**text deleted** that did my interviews for bench but cant get old of er.. but when i eventually do ill tell you which part of manchester it is..
Need to get my 3 miler road run up a bit 2 so thats dead handy.. Cheers lads

Aaaagh whats the worst part of manchester cause someone was sayin we are doin our trainin ther :frown:

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Naa not there then, begins with an S *text deleted*
near the big bench store if thats any good *text deleted*
im guessing not too far from manchester piccaddilly? or some train station in manchester which they have in london..

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
haha the only 2 places i can think of with an S right now is stretford where i live, and sale. But old trafford is worse than them i'm sure.
Don't think there is a big bench store in stretford tho, the only one i can think of is in the trafford centre

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whythensware, Moss side and Moston. If you arn't known in the area your bowned to get mugged. just saying it how it is. I was brought up in Old trafford if any1 else was?

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
Yeah there defo the ones now you say it. Never even heasrd of moston tho *text deleted*.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah there defo the ones now you say it. Never even heasrd of moston tho *text deleted*.
Yea i diddnt no about Moston untill my mate got mugged by gun point. So i stay well away from that area ..

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm tasty sounding areas *text deleted*..

Well i get the train to manchester piccadilly, then a tram or something to oltringham?
Then go to stretford, walk up a hill and get on a bus which only goes to one stop..
Sorry the directions are so shabby but this is the same ones i got from the ignorant cow whos directed me there..
so somwhere near stretford..
were staying in a big premier inn if you know where any of them are..

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
Yeah i think i know where you might mean, there is a big premier lodge near trafford centre which is a few stopped down, don't think there is one only one stop down. i live near stretford met. but there is also one close to altrincham so don't see why you have to go all that way when you could go to the one there.

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The bench store were we do the training for the week is in this stretford i think and then they just pay for us to stay in a premier inn somewhere, i dont get the details till i am down there.
But do you know any bench stores in and around that area, i think she might have said its in like a mall type place.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im not 100% sure but Stretford Mall is like 200 yards from the met station. Bench might be a new shop in there i havent seen 1, not been for like a year tho

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
yeah i live like 1 min walk from stretford mall, there defo isn't a bench one in there the only new one is trafford centre, unles there is one opening soon. Not that i know of though.

chrystal19

Reaction score
Manchester

I start University at Manchester Metropolitan on Saturday, and I was wondering if anyone goes to one of Manchester Uni's on this forum?

Also if anyone knows the area - how long does it take by bike to get out into the country? I still want to go on long runs and do outdoor interval training but sprinting on a treadmill or down Oxford Road doesn't appeal to me.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Thread merged- as pointed out, by stunning coincidence there was an identical thread in the same forum, not 12 threads distant.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Moss side isnt as bad as people make out but it is bad like.