Marching away

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not much of a training method but oh well. Me and a friend of mine from the Canadian Forces did a nice 8 Km march with the 40 pound army ruck sacks on. After that we dropped them and did an immediate 8 KM jog. My legs are hating me today, but a good run. Heres a pic to enjoy !!. ( im on the right )

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good work *text deleted* keep at it, Im assuming from your spate of recent posts that your back on track with regards to your training and desire to join the royals? If so great as they say that which does not kill us will only make us stronger or words to that effect. Speaking from experience the relationship that has just ended now will only serve to make your future ones stronger :)

Take care

P.S Youve probably been asked this a million times before but I hope you wll humour me :) What got you into wanting to join the UK Marines and not some Canadian armed force?

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Phoenix,

I wont lie, my ex still tore a hole through my heart, but I *text deleted* keep going. A few members sent me some inspiration responses, and God bless them for there efforts. I found I can either sit here, and cry and worry about it, or crack on, and come back in a few years a better, more decorated man then I could of ever dreamed. She may of made the wrong decision or the right one, I can't say, but if I sit around here and do nothing, it proves to her she made the right one, and I can't live with that.

As for the Canadian Forces. Both of my older brothers and my mothers boyfriend are in there. I was pushed away from the army for that reason, the fear that I would just be another shadow in there footsteps. I wanted to be my own person, and have my own accomplishments. I wanted to do something none of them have ever done, and also I want to see for myself If I can do it. I wanted to join the best, most elite and professional group out there. The option was the French Foreign Legion, or the British Royal Marines. Let me assure you, the choice was not very hard :).

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi TY,

Thanks for the reply it seems to me in your handling of the situation your showing commando qualities. That my friend brings you one step closer to your goal :)

Take care