Marine Died in 'Unsuitable' Vehicle

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
A Royal Marine killed in a gun battle in Afghanistan might have survived had more suitable armoured vehicles been available

More...

M

marcsteele08

Thank the government for this.
Bloody scandless.

Here is a petition on the Downing Street website demanding the budget for the MOD is increased.

Obviously the more votes the better.
Alot of people and lives would benefit from it.
I, for one had no hesitations in signing it.

Marc.

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about to sign it, you would think the goverment would invest in decent equipment for our boys, after all the Royals do cost 1/2 million to train up, and then they let them die due to inadequate protection!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I'm about to sign it, you would think the goverment would invest in decent equipment for our boys, after all the Royals do cost 1/2 million to train up, and then they let them die due to inadequate protection!
Just a update on this matter, remeber when we were talking abou Dragon Armour, *text deleted* been doing some work with Pinacle trying to get them into the UK. I have been providing some contactcs with some testing agencies and the Dragon Skin looks like it may be going on test this time next year.

Sadly the odd's suggest it will be too late for some people, me personally *text deleted* im allowed to ill buy a Dragon Skin of my own as it geniunely does stop bullets. Maybe Preece could offer some advice as to if your seniors would allow purchasing of personal body hour by ones self.

I know its a long way off, but still its a important prospect.

recruit clements 1988

Reaction score
This is a joke. I work in BAE Systems. They dont mind spending 3.9billion great british pounds on something that will probably never be used. I understand the importance of submarines and the deterrence that they pose but really...for the forseeable future were going to be fighting an unconventional war where nuclear weapons will propbably not get used. More money should be invested in the men that fight on the front lines. Whens the last time we lost a sub in afghanistan??? Never...i really hope signing that petetion will make a difference. cheers for posting that up marcsteele.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Mate, regardless of people's views on the effectiveness of subs, if they cut back on the subs, they may spend the money on front line troops for a year, but then that money would be syphoned of to the arts or benefits or tax tricks like we say last week.

Anyone remember the money that was going to be saved by scrapping the Royal Yacht Britannia? Where did that money go?

recruit clements 1988

Reaction score
Mate, regardless of people's views on the effectiveness of subs, if they cut back on the subs, they may spend the money on front line troops for a year, but then that money would be syphoned of to the arts or benefits or tax tricks like we say last week.

Anyone remember the money that was going to be saved by scrapping the Royal Yacht Britannia? Where did that money go?
fair point. i dont disagree...scheming government s*text deleted*ts, :mad:

M

marcsteele08

Yea, as I said, I find it terrible that the MOD can't properly invest in the Services due to inadequate funding. I just posted up this topic for like-minded people.
So, thanks you guys :lovey:.
Marc.

M

marcsteele08

I am not going to post up this petition I have seen, as it is completely irrelevant and some may even find it disrespectful to post it up on this particular topic.
Its just to show how easy they [the petition] can catch on and tens of thousands of people would sign it... Hence the subject of the petition (Lower the purchase of alcohol to 16 years old - It was made on the 30th March 2008 and it has 18,272 signatures).
Marc.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Regardless of the objective, the armed forces have to be apolitical and as such this site reflects a non-political stance.

The problem with politicians of all "flavours" is that they will adopt a popular topic which holds an agreeable general consensus to woo the voter.

Statisticians will then claim that a particular party has huge representational support, neglecting to realise that the source of support is derived from a non-political topic which they claim to be a unique viewpoint.