Marine Officer requirments?

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i just want to no what they need to expect from me from GCSE result to the fitness level. If you no how accurate i need to train for this role it would help alot. is it true that what an officer needs is neally double from a marine in training. And is an officers training 32 weeks or more?
*text deleted*.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Top left of the page is a link to the official RM site have a look on there

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Top left of the page is a link to the official RM site have a look on there
*text deleted*. *text deleted* not looked on the official site about an officer role tho yet. *text deleted* just recently wanted to apply to be one

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You need 5 GCSE's at A*-C. You need to be MEGA fit to be an officer, have to be fitter than the men you lead and all that. Roles where you take on some responsibility will help you with your application, like coach a football team, organise group outings, anything that puts you in a role of leadership or gives you responsibility. And officer training is 52 weeks long.

EDIT: forgot to add you need a MINIMUM of 180UCAS points derived from more than one subject.
at this moment i dont match with most of what you said. If i ever got in and pased out would it be easier to apply to be one then? or do you have to serve for so long before you can?

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You can join as a marine and go into basic training and complete it, but from there you can then go on for corps commision. This is where you go on to be an Officer.

However if you can go for an Officer you should from the start as the chances of getting commision i think are slim.

billybambino

Reaction score
i dont think your should need UCAS points to become an officer, because loads of people, like me are clever enough to get over 200, they just dont want to go to college

i think there should be an additional test where you have to score some really good scores

chrystal19

Reaction score
Also if you go for your commission from a NC'ed role, and you fail, you can no longer carry on as a marine I believe.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats a common misconseption i think, i went down to my afco after reading that on the forums before and he told me that's not the case, if you fail your commision you will be returned to a different unit not the one you came from. He also informed me that sometimes the case is that some of them big them selves up about going for a commision and then when they fail they get a lot of stick about it. i'm john by the way, i've been reading the forums for a while but now i've started the process decided to get involved

S

Sotiris

Guys,

Your GCSE and UCAS grades are just the tip of a very very large iceburg. I wouldn't worry about there being a more effective test to sort out the academically capable from the not so academically capable.

In fact I would be thankful that the entry requirements are that low. SIFT, POC and AIB create perhaps one of the most stressful and demanding interview processes there are.