Marine Test

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
on the prmc all you need to do is jump off a diving board and them one length of breast stroke. no fancy dives either

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yup it is a simple up round an down test :) i think it is an assessment also so you do not "need" to be able to swim, but best to be able to. I think it is an assessment at any rate could be corrected.

rm1664

Reaction score
the swimming test mate all they expect is .

they expect u to just jump off a diving board into the pool and swim 1 length of the swimming pool breast stroke and just get out the other end

mate u shouldnt worry about swimming to much mate if your a weak swimmer they will make u better during training

and take a pair of speedos or summat like tht they dont like big baggy shorts or anything like tht

good luck anyway mate u will be fine

press ups 73
sit ups 82
pull ups 8
3 miler 19:38

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the only way to fail the test is if you drown, its very simple. Its just to get an idea of what level you are at in regards to swimming

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
u actualy swim a length to the other side, a width and another length so *text deleted* on the same side u started on and pull urself out. easy. hardest part is stepping of the board that is 3 meters high.

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dont worry mate its not a test at all it's just an assessment (yeah i know it's been said before on this forum *text deleted*)

It helps if you can swim before hand because you will have more time during RT, but if you can't then don't worry as they will teach you