Marines day on wednesday

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey any lads going on marines day or something down at tumbridge wells? Im going with my collage, i cant wait to work my socks of, so i can hear the corprals say i should join *text deleted*.

Luke

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If that's called 'Meet the Marines', it's a good laugh, they'll only show you the positives, it's not too hard. You'll probs do the paintballing, which ended up with me and 4 chubby blokes versus about 10 chavs on capture the flag. absolutely awesome.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If that's called 'Meet the Marines', it's a good laugh, they'll only show you the positives, it's not too hard. You'll probs do the paintballing, which ended up with me and 4 chubby blokes versus about 10 chavs on capture the flag. absolutely awesome.

*text deleted* they will not show negetives *text deleted*, they want you to join. Anyway the negatives are common sense aint it:

1) You Could die
2) you cold be shot
3) you could get bad burns lose limbs etc

I know all the negatives. *text deleted*

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh sorry I wans't being patronising, just I went on one and it made me laugh how some of the guys who evidently had never heard of the marines were drooling over the 'guns' (I'll admit I was too) and then when it came to any type of knowledge they were clueless. It seems to be aimed at people who know very little-nothing about the amrines, but i went on two *text deleted* its a day off school, with boat rides, paintballing, and unarmed combat!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh sorry I wans't being patronising, just I went on one and it made me laugh how some of the guys who evidently had never heard of the marines were drooling over the 'guns' (I'll admit I was too) and then when it came to any type of knowledge they were clueless. It seems to be aimed at people who know very little-nothing about the amrines, but i went on two *text deleted* its a day off school, with boat rides, paintballing, and unarmed combat!

I dont see me going on boats *text deleted*, its not near sea.

JoeSmith

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I went on one on them with my college, good fun(Y)
But it's not really a insight into the Marines just all good fun mostly.
The landing craft driver would try and make you fall out if your not holding on to the sides and stuff on the lake which was a laugh.
But the display team is the best!

Abdab

Reaction score
Hey i went on one of these a couple of weeks back now.

They came to Rother Valley Country Park in Rotherham. It was right good, got to go on boat, handle a few weapons, talk to the guys, paintballing, absailing and then they showed us some basic survivals which was best. Showed us how to do lean too's and spring attacks think they call it. Its really good day out!

They make everything sound all funny and positive most of time but if you didnt listen they were chucking people in the lake *text deleted* (They also mentioned injuries deaths etc, not too much detail though, but point was put across!

Enjoy :)

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I remember someone asking 'what's the worst practical joke you've ever pulled', and the guy got about 3 seconds in before his NCO told him that we all had to move on to the next stand. He got the hint and didn't tell us. It's a big old publicity thing, but really fun!

C

critchmufc

i wish i had one of these when i was at school!

my school had the army in for a day, and went on 1 or 2 army days, but not the marines

JoeSmith

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey Abdad!
i went to rothervalley too a few weeks back
Might of seen you if it was same day
Don't suppose your from Hull or Barnsley are you?

Sorry saw your from Rotherham:cool: