MARSOC Fitness Prep

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Corona, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Corona

Corona New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Recently found an app called MARSOC (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fitness-preparation/id881419780?mt=8) that I think could be really useful for anyone of a good fitness level looking to go further. Its extremely well made, with everything from diet to stretches and warm up all made and ready answering all questions. Figured someone here might find it useful as it would be a waste not to share it.
    Follows a ten week course, designed for those wishing to join MARSOC (United States) which requires a very strong fitness level, I wouldve though on par with whats required for the RM(?).
    I might end up using it but if anyone feels it would be less helpful than just sticking with the standard circuits etc I'll use Arnys after A-levels instead.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

I may be well off the mark, but my perception of USMC Phys preps centre around strength training rather than CV fitness.

The logic being they have enough delivery systems to get their troops close to the point of contact in massive numbers whereas the Royal Marines need the CV fitness associated with covert ops to use minimum numbers with maximum effect at the point of contact.

Like I say, I could be wrong, but my guess is the lethality of the operative relates more to resilience & speed over the ground rather than their visual awesomeness.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 3
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

It's worth bearing in mind that Arny's plan has a very specific focus: passing PRMC. Which is obviously a fundamental requirement for anyone aspiring to be a Royal Marines Commando.

I'm not knocking the MARSOC plan but as Ninja references CV performance is a key element in both Royal Marines and Parachute Regiment RT which gives a big hint as to the general direction one's phys should take.

As an aside, one often repeated comment on the forum is that one should focus on each selection hurdle as it presents itself. For example, being a strong distance runner won't necessarily help one to exceed the requirements of PJFT if one has never stepped onto a treadmill before the test.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Corona

Corona New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks both for the replies, think I'll stick with Arnys program for the specifics of prmc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RyannMo

RyannMo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Use this for workout ideas from time to time. It is quite CV focused, no mention of weights as far as i can remember. Seems to be set up on weighted "rucks", circuits and some swimming workouts. might be useful as training for RT? as it has been said it wont necessarily wont help you pass prmc with no specifics to the tests.