Martial Arts?

CreditDue MMA

Reaction score
First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I've just started training in martial arts at my local gym (Kick boxing, Muay Thai, hopefully Jiu-Jitsu soon) and I'm loving it so far.

I'm thinking about joining the Royal Marines at some point *cough* or Paras *cough* :saythat: and I'm curious to know if they teach Martial Arts in the Royal Marines whenever possible?

Thank you.

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Good to hear, martial arts is a really useful skill, both practically (ie street fights) and fitness wise. It also gives you a mental edge, rections and acceptance that pain is inevitable, and you've just got to crack on. I do MMA, and know it has helped me out a few times!
They do an intense unarmed combat syllabus in basic training, and when doing close protection duties, one may go on an advanced course.

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, mate I posted some martial arts stuff up t'other day its on the third page in on this section of the forum, hopefully there is usefully stuff there for you too. the thread is closed as I got what I wanted but, I can open it up again if you some more input there too.