Massage Gun

walshy25

Reaction score
Quick question, misses brought me a massage gun to take training, I was planning on packing a foam roller anyway. Don’t think I’ll be aloud to bring the gun to training thought I’d double check on here. It’s a thergun mini if that help. Cheers

byprep

Reaction score
My son was allowed. He rated his massage gun, his Bluetooth speaker and a proper ironing board as top 3 items in training.

Lightspeed

Reaction score
My son was allowed. He rated his massage gun, his Bluetooth speaker and a proper ironing board as top 3 items in training.
Did your son take an ironing board with him to training then? as it's not on my kit list for my ROP.

Would appreciate if anyone could give me their thoughts on massage guns since this topic has come up, I haven't seen much evidence to suggest they are useful but if people have had good experiences with them then I would certainly look at buying one for myself.

Cheers.

byprep

Reaction score
He didn’t take an ironing board with him for the ROP, but brought a decent one back after Summer Leave. He bought the massage gun during the ROP for £70 and was still using it in Test week. Well worth the money.

walshy25

Reaction score
The massage gun i’ve got is brilliant it cost the misses around £175, help massively with recovery.

Lightspeed

Reaction score
He didn’t take an ironing board with him for the ROP, but brought a decent one back after Summer Leave. He bought the massage gun during the ROP for £70 and was still using it in Test week. Well worth the money.
Ah okay that makes sense! Although I'll be honest I've no idea what makes one ironing board "decent" and another not haha, I obviously haven't done enough ironing in my life... that'll soon change. I shall look into getting a massage gun. Cheers.

Lightspeed

Reaction score
The massage gun i’ve got is brilliant it cost the misses around £175, help massively with recovery.
Blimey that's a bit pricey! Although if there's anything I can justify spending that amount of money on it'd have to be something that aids training/recovery. I'll have to compare the different ones available, I reckon I'll probably go for one more in the price range that @walshy25 's son has got though.
Cheers.

walshy25

Reaction score
One of the best things about the theragun is it’s small but super powerful

Attachments

• 6C960CC2-1B97-41EF-9182-88215850E0CE.jpeg
    6C960CC2-1B97-41EF-9182-88215850E0CE.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 12

Kayakingmum

Reaction score
Ah okay that makes sense! Although I'll be honest I've no idea what makes one ironing board "decent" and another not haha, I obviously haven't done enough ironing in my life... that'll soon change. I shall look into getting a massage gun. Cheers.
According to my nod....a decent ironing board is a large one to save time when ironing bedding

RCTJ0012

Reaction score

This is the best ironing board in my opinion, I used it on my first time round at CTC (brought it with me). It's wide so ironing uniform and bed sheets is super easy. Also the padding on it is quite thick so you won't get lines on material after prolonged use.

Lightspeed

Reaction score
According to my nod....a decent ironing board is a large one to save time when ironing bedding
Brilliant, thanks for clearing the definition of a good ironing board up for me haha. Should be a bundle of fun lugging one around on the train ! I've just ordered a massage gun, I look forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Lightspeed

Reaction score