Mates appeal

Bleaper123

Reaction score
A friend of mine has recently been made PMU and is looking for some advice on how best to go about his appeal and weather people think its worth an appeal. He broke his arm when he was 4 and a half years old , he has been told the reason for his PMU was " the type of fracture that you had in your elbow typically goes through the joint line , this makes you more likely to get arthritis in that joint. Unfortunately the forces will not accept candidates who have had fractures through the joint." He is confused because as far as he can see nowhere in either the JSP 950 or the medical requirements for entry to the forces does it mention a bar to entry due to fracture through the joint. He's wondering wether its worth appealing and getting evidence that his arm is completely okay from medical experts will be a waste of time or wether there is a chance it could be overturned.

Chelonian

Reaction score
A friend of mine has recently been made PMU and is looking for some advice on how best to go about his appeal and weather people think its worth an appeal.

I can't give you a definitive answer that will help your friend but I vaguely recall that a good start is to write a letter specifying the PMU decision and then asking what—if any—circumstances might allow the application to proceed.

If either spot this @CHUB! or @Ninja_Stoker are best placed to give appropriate advice.

Bleaper123

Reaction score
Thank you both for replying however I think it'll be the end of the road for him , yesterday he was playing rugby and broke his shin bone in two places , underwent surgery last night and now has a metal rod holding his shin in place , its just a freak accident a fortnight after being pmu'd isn't ideal , cheers for the replies tho lads appreciate it .