Maths and English tests at PRMC.

Tommy

Reaction score
Hi lads, am I right in thinking that if you didnt get above a C in maths and english you have to take a maths and english test at PRMC? If that is the case what are these tests like? Thanks Tom

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You are correct: The Basic Skills Initial Assesment (BSAI) is to ascertain Literacy & Numeracy (L&N) skill levels against the national qualification framework.

If you have passed the basic Recruiting Test at your AFCO, you should pass the BSAI at Lympstone. In theory, if you pass PRMC, but fail to reach BSIA Entry level, your entry will be deferred until you reach the required standard.

To date, I personally haven't come across anyone failing to meet the basic entry level & having their entry date deferred.

will

Reaction score
i did a numeracy and literacy test at school at level 2. should i just just take my certificates down to my prmc. any 1?

will

Gareth

Reaction score
The tests are just multiple choice on the computers in lympstone, i found them to be quite easy and i'm not a genius. You shouldn't have any trouble with them, the lady who runs the learning centre is really nice and helpful.

If i remember rightly a level 3.3 is acceptable, so you should be fine mate.

Tommy

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I get worried when I hear about doing maths and english tests, because I'm not very good at either of them. But I think I should be alright they dont sound to bad at all.
Thanks again lads, everyone is a great help.

will399

Reaction score
Hey guys, do any of you have any sugested revision sites for the maths tests? Thanks

dutchie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bitesize is a good one I used it for my recruit test

CaliberUK

Reaction score
SO if you got a C" or above in maths and English you don't have to do them???