May have to get a pair of these

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You've just linked the main page there, not the link to the item you're talking about.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There was a recent university study done on running shoes and they said there is very little difference between a cheap £20-40 pair and the more expensive £60+ shoes.

Personally I wouldn't go for the cheapest kind I could find, but I definitely wouldn't pay over £50 for a pair of shoes.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The Royal Marines use Hi Tec Silver Shadows.

At twenty quid (retail) I think that says everything about how much you should be spending on your trainers.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Asics all the way for me also. Shin Savers

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hmm bit of a bugger the marines use them hi-tec shoes, i have a problem with my feet when running, need to search around for trainers with specific padding that can stop me from over-pronating to badly

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Brooks all the way, I bought them because of their wide design and they were multi-coloured =D

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
In the TA we were issued silver shadows and never had a problem with them,great trainers..even if they are conscidered retro these days!-*text deleted*

ringo

Reaction score
i use sauconys. there awsome shoes to run in. Dont think i paid more than 50 for them. Good for off-road and road running.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hmm bit of a bugger the marines use them hi-tec shoes, i have a problem with my feet when running, need to search around for trainers with specific padding that can stop me from over-pronating to badly
Your best bet might be to get some decent insoles. I have the same trouble which led to me being discharged with shin splints. I use these for my boots http://www.yoursole.co.uk/products/moreinfo-ultra.htm expensive but had no trouble since.

They are quite thick and may not fit in your trainers particually well but they also sell some thinner ones which may do the trick.

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your best bet might be to get some decent insoles. I have the same trouble which led to me being discharged with shin splints. I use these for my boots http://www.yoursole.co.uk/products/moreinfo-ultra.htm expensive but had no trouble since.

They are quite thick and may not fit in your trainers particually well but they also sell some thinner ones which may do the trick.
Those insoles look pretty decent. What's the lifespan on them?

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have had them about six months and I wear my boots all the time as well as going running in them and they still look new.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am flat footed and therefore prone to shin splints which led to me being medically discharged. I swear by them, they make my boots so comfy I even wear them to work. Although I must admit I sometimes get comments from clients about the fact that I am wearing a pair of Lowa Combat GTX with a suit!

The regular ones are much thinner and will fit in trainers better - I will likely get a 2nd set before starting RT.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Them trainers look like the typical Army issue......"girly"

Quickest i ever ran was bare foot down the road to deck a drunkerd on boxing day this year....i went like *text deleted**text deleted* off a shovel. (the k*text deleted*b jockey had just smashed into my car with a shopping trolley)

Mind after id smashed his pretty face in, i had to walk back to me house bare foot, gravel and class ripping my feet apart.

Funny thing aint it rage???

Back to the thread, just make sure you purchase trainers that balance your running style, go to your local Decathlon....they will measure it for you and advise. I got a nice pair of Mizuno, £40 and they are perfect.

Stacka