medals

LukeJillings

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knows if that if i pass through training and everything am i aloud to put my dad Falklands medal and my great granddads desert rats medal and ww2 medals on my uniform on parade etc? bcas i am really proud about my dad getting blown up in the Falklands war ( still alive tho hes daft as a brush) and my great granddad being in the desert rats in ww2 nice man who died beginning of last year RIP.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cant answer your question mate but I just thought I'd say my great great uncle also fought the desert rats, he was killed at El Alamain RIP. I wonder if they knew each other

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
luke im PRETTY 100% sure that you can mate, im going to enquire into that as i want to wear my grandads WW1 and WW2 medals...

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hm i dout it 2 i always fort u could only wear *text deleted* own medals

ninjamej

Reaction score
item 8 yes u can u have to wear them on the oppisite side of were *text deleted* medals are mate so urs will be on the left they will have to be on the right

Stocksey

Reaction score
I think you can wear them. In cadets ive seen a few instructors that have never been in the forces that was wearing medals so i think you can wear them but you have to wear them on your opposits side to your own. Apparently you wear them at different levels so your grandads go lower on your tunic than your dads. Hope this helped.