medcal tomorrow

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
hi chaps
got my medical tomorrow and its says i have to report to my afco then trot down the road to the local docs, all im wondering is do you think i shoud go suited up again, purely *text deleted* ive got to go into my afco first. ive always had the full monty on through the other parts of the selection process but it seems bit excessive for the medical. want sure if it would go down well im im wearing shorts and tshirt at afco, but on other hand the doc will think im right *text deleted**text deleted* if im wearing a wistle!!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Dress

Wear a dress.

No, I would wear smart trousers and smart shoes, then either a clean ironed t-shirt (preferably non offensive!) or shirt without tie.

You really dont have to wear a suit if all you're having that day is a medical.
Even if you turn up in your usual casuals they're not *text deleted* get out your file and attach a post-it saying “wore jeans and t-shirt, do not proceed with application”.
But then on the other hand you can never be dressed too smart, but ripped, oil stained jeans, sandals and a string vest is too scruffy.

When I did my psychometric test 3 people went with a tie and when we got to the room the officer said "you can get rid of the ties lads and relax, its not an interview."

Thing is though, every AFCO and its staff is different.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just wear somethin comfy *text deleted* u may be there a while i've already been to one medical an i wore a pair of trackie bottems an it was fine so somethin comfy would be fine maybe a pair of combats an a nice shirt should do it nothin over the top

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Wear a dress.
i did think bout that, thought it would be easier when the doc has to check my meat and 2 veg, could just hike a dress up whereas with trousers there just soo much grief.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There is no specific dress code for the medical examinatiion, so smart/casual is entirely acceptable.

You would be amazed how many people neglect to have a good wash before they attend a medical however. :suspicious:

New Threads