Medical Advice

U

Unregistered

I have recently found out that I have a blood disorder, or blood clotting abnormality, whatever it is now classed under. I am a heamophiliac, on the application forms medical notes it says anyone with 'any' blood disorder or clotting abnormality WILL be declared medically unfit for service. My only query is I having only recently found this out, do you reckon I will still be allowed to join ?

My defence will be that it wasn't anything to do with me that it was detected, it was a family member and when the whole family got sent for testing it came up that I have a mild form of it. I have never experienced any symptomes of it and it has never effected me in any operations that I have had, such a tooth removal and in general. I do alot of contact sports where I have bled alot, such as football, rugby and boxing and again I have never had any problems. I spoke to my GP about it and she said that if the navy were to write to her she would say that it has, and in her opinion will never be an issue, if I was going throguh this this time last year no-one would be none the wiser.

What are you views ?

Thanks

D

Deleted

yeah, get them to ring your GP, or get a letter from your GP to give to the people at your AFCO or whoever does the medical. They should allow you, if it does not pose a threat to your or anybody elses life.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As stated, the AFCO Medical Examiner is the one to speak to for definitive advice, however it would be wrong to raise false hopes in this particular instance. Good luck.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck mate, Hope something which was brought by accident doesn't stop you from being a marine dude!.. Like Ninja said best thing is to speak to the medical people and tell them your situation thats what im going to do about my ADHD.

Sam

Booker

Reaction score
Bisically it was me who posted this a while back if anyone still remembers, but I have had my letter this morning and have been rejected entry due to it. In bits, hope no-one else has to go through it.

Thanks for all the help, been much appeciated.

Cheers - Booker

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, mate im so sorry for you :(

Best of luck in what ever you decide to do.