Medical and PJFT

Beezneez

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If I want to do both the medical and the PJFT on the same day will I need to get in touch with the AFCO? Cheers.

MozzaLUFC

Reaction score
I’m not certain on this but I’m fairly sure you won’t be able to do that

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you pass the medical on the day and your Careers Adviser is prepared to accept your word, you could phone your AFCO after passing the medical and request the PJFT letter is emailed. You could then ring the gym & enquire whether there are any PJFT slots available the same day.

Trouble is, some people only hear "You've passed the medical..." and miss the "...but we need to write to your GP to check something or other". By the book the AFCO should be in receipt of your completed med docs first.

I have pre-booked the pjft for overseas applicants who have a limited stay time, but it is a bit risky if they don't pass the medical on the day.

Beezneez

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If you pass the medical on the day and your Careers Adviser is prepared to accept your word, you could phone your AFCO after passing the medical and request the PJFT letter is emailed. You could then ring the gym & enquire whether there are any PJFT slots available the same day.

Trouble is, some people only hear "You've passed the medical..." and miss the "...but we need to write to your GP to check something or other". By the book the AFCO should be in receipt of your completed med docs first.

I have pre-booked the pjft for overseas applicants who have a limited stay time, but it is a bit risky if they don't pass the medical on the day.
Cheers

Beezneez

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Turns out I have hypomobility as I can touch the ground with my legs straight so they can’t complete the medical today they have to check it’s all right to have hypomobility. Not sure if I’ll pass or not .

Last edited:

Beezneez

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Turns out I have hypomobility as I can touch the ground with my legs straight so they can’t complete the medical today they have to check it’s all right to have hypomobility. Not sure if I’ll pass or not .
Hypermobility*

Ryan Pearl

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can I ask something in in the process of my application for the rm and I just want to know is there anyway i could do the medical first b4 the armed forces test for the rm I was born with phosis ( lazy eye muscle ) I can see out of the eye but it's abit blurry i got told of my local Specsavers I can pass the eye site requirements but just wanted to confirm it b4 i crack on with the entry test

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
Visual Acuity Standards

Standard I Right Eye Visual acuity to be achieved 6/12 N5 without correcting lenses Visual acuity to be achieved 6/6 N5 with correcting lenses Left Eye 6/12 N5 6/6 N5

Refraction limit

Total hypermetropia +3.00 sphere

Astigmatism +1.25 cyl

Myopia (in any meridian) -0.75 sphere or cyl +3.00 sphere +1.25 cyl -0.75 sphere or cyl

Standard 2

Visual acuity to be achieved

without correcting lenses 6/60 >6/60

Visual acuity to be achieved

with correcting lenses 6/6 N5

6/9 N5

Refraction limit

Spectacle correction (in any +/-6.00 sphere or cyl

meridian) +/-6.00 sphere or cyl

Standard 3

Visual acuity to be achieved 6/60

without correcting lenses

Visual acuity to be achieved Either 6/6 N5

with correcting lenses or 6/9 N5

or 6/12 N5 >6/60 6/24 NlO 6/18 NIO 6/12 N10

Refraction limit

Spectacle correction (in any +/- 6.00 sphere or

meridian) cylinder +/-6.00 sphere or cylinder

As long as you can meet standard 3 above you should be ok. Can you wink independently with your left eye? It is possible have your medical 1st if there is an issue but you shouldn't need it if you fit the above standard.

Ryan Pearl

Reaction score
Thank you when I had an eye test at Specsavers they said i meet the requirements I just wanted to know cause when I was 17 I applied for the army and they knocked me back cause of my right eye they said it's the shooting eye, but as i got older its got better in gona double check my last results but was hoping I could do the medical first see what they say b4 i continue with the application