Medical Appeals

poprm

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I sent my appeal away almost 2 months ago now, I know during coronavirus it’s more likely going to take longer then normal, but was wondering if anyone else had appeals done during COVID and had a time frame that could give me an idea to how long it takes ?

Cheers lads

Welshnewbie20

Reaction score
Hi mate,

I’m sure it varies depending on the current workload for the SEMC who I believe are still working remotely.

I was in a similar position 2 months back in terms of forming an appeal. After 4 weeks I sent a polite email to my careers advisor asking if he had heard anything, he then chased it up and a week later I got a reply saying it had been upheld and I could move forward in the process.

One of the more experienced guys here will probably give you better advice but Maybe you could contact your careers advisor and ask if they could chase it up for you?

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
@poprm Unfortunately, the AFCOs cannot chase cases up currently, i,m afraid it is a case of sit tight - there is still a backlog and the appeals are being done on priority bases, and although RM is in the top ten, other trades for the RN go above RM appeals at present.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have just returned from handing my appeal into the afco and been informed 8-12 weeks. Only ones 'cutting the queue' are Submariner or MA as they're in demand.

Thankfully already have a valid army medical pass from when I was going down a different route earlier this year so now 'on the books' at local Infantry Reserve unit - by no means what I really want to be doing but thankfully should be able to get on some courses and get back into some soldiering stuff whilst waiting, if not think I would be driving myself up the walls!

poprm

Reaction score
Cheers lads, already contacted my advisor just to be told to sit tight. Coming up on 10 weeks now so hopefully going to hear back soon.