Medical booked

lewp1

Reaction score
Medical is booked for 2nd December. My PJFT return time is currently 10.34. Guessing I'll have about 4-5weeks from now until my PJFT. I die after 5minutes at 14.7kmph and kept trying to push myself coming in at 10.34mins.

Decided to go for progression workouts instead of timings, done a 4 week programme out which consists of

Week 1

Monday- PJFT 10.34mins
Tuesday- 40min run (went successful getting 4.9miles quite steadily too)
Wedensday- PJFT maintaining 13.5kmph
Thursday- 6mile run
Friday- 12X400m interval runs at 15kmph or above

Week 2
Monday- Mock PJFT 13.7kmph maintain
Tuesday-45min run
Wedensday- PJFT 14kmph maintain
Thursday- 7mile run
Friday- 8X800m

Week 3
Monday- PJFT 14.2kmph maintain
Tuesday- 50min run
Wednesday- 14.3kmph PJFT
Thursday- 8mile run
Friday- 3X1200m intervals

Week 4
Monday- 14.5kmph
Tuesday- 60min run
Wedensday- 14.7kmph
Thursday- 9mile run
Friday- 2X1600m intervals.

What are your thoughts on this lads?

lewp1

Reaction score
Medical is booked for 2nd December. My PJFT return time is currently 10.34. Guessing I'll have about 4-5weeks from now until my PJFT. I die after 5minutes at 14.7kmph and kept trying to push myself coming in at 10.34mins.

Decided to go for progression workouts instead of timings, done a 4 week programme out which consists of

Week 1

Monday- PJFT 10.34mins
Tuesday- 40min run (went successful getting 4.9miles quite steadily too)
Wedensday- PJFT maintaining 13.5kmph
Thursday- 6mile run
Friday- 12X400m interval runs at 15kmph or above

Week 2
Monday- Mock PJFT 13.7kmph maintain
Tuesday-45min run
Wedensday- PJFT 14kmph maintain
Thursday- 7mile run
Friday- 8X800m

Week 3
Monday- PJFT 14.2kmph maintain
Tuesday- 50min run
Wednesday- 14.3kmph PJFT
Thursday- 8mile run
Friday- 3X1200m intervals

Week 4
Monday- 14.5kmph
Tuesday- 60min run
Wedensday- 14.7kmph
Thursday- 9mile run
Friday- 2X1600m intervals.

What are your thoughts on this lads?
With the intervals. I'm actually going to do 6X400m, 4X600m, 3X800m and 2X1200m

Hubb97

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly the plan looks good if you switch the days around. Running 5 days in a row especially with them all being pretty hard sessions isn't a great idea and you'll find that you'll struggle to progress due to being too knackered from the previous day. Try doing 2 days on 1 day off instead with longer, easier efforts after the harder interval days- I guess you could even do 3 on 1 off but you'd have to be careful. For example for this week I'd not run tomorrow, do your next session on Thursday and the 6 mile on Friday with the interval session on Sunday. If you're eager you could do a swim or something on the days in between but that's entirely up to you.

I will also add that it's good you're not just getting to say 5 minutes at 14.7 and flat out stopping, you're much better off bringing the speed down until relatively recovered and hitting it hard until the finish! Make sure you always warm up with that first 1.5 in 12:30 just so you're used to doing that! Best of luck!

lewp1

Reaction score
Honestly the plan looks good if you switch the days around. Running 5 days in a row especially with them all being pretty hard sessions isn't a great idea and you'll find that you'll struggle to progress due to being too knackered from the previous day. Try doing 2 days on 1 day off instead with longer, easier efforts after the harder interval days- I guess you could even do 3 on 1 off but you'd have to be careful. For example for this week I'd not run tomorrow, do your next session on Thursday and the 6 mile on Friday with the interval session on Sunday. If you're eager you could do a swim or something on the days in between but that's entirely up to you.

I will also add that it's good you're not just getting to say 5 minutes at 14.7 and flat out stopping, you're much better off bringing the speed down until relatively recovered and hitting it hard until the finish! Make sure you always warm up with that first 1.5 in 12:30 just so you're used to doing that! Best of luck!
Thanks mate, I've got two very busy weekends these next two weekends, so for the next two weeks after that I'll be training Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday with Wedensday and Sunday as rest days