Medical cancelled

Charlesg97

Reaction score
I've been waiting to get a F2F medical for 2ish months, got booked in for this Thursday and they've today cancelled it due to the fact i answered 'YES' to the following question.....

'Have you had ANY symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 like fever, a new cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, fatigue, unusual body aches and pains - with or without a positive test result?' - I had a test and it was negative as per the text/email on the 14th and i'm now absolutely fine, as i explained - so not a clue why its been cancelled.

Anyway, they said another appointment will be booked at a later date, does anyone know if i now go to the back of the line to get a medical?

Thank you in advance!

Chelonian

Reaction score
'Have you had ANY symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 like fever, a new cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, fatigue, unusual body aches and pains - with or without a positive test result?' - I had a test and it was negative as per the text/email on the 14th and i'm now absolutely fine, as i explained - so not a clue why its been cancelled.
It appears straightforward to me. The question specifically disregards the outcome of a test. It only asked if you had any symptoms. You did have symptoms and answered accordingly. Which is almost certainly why the Face-to-Face was cancelled.

I can't guess when you'll be offered a new date.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Yeah, in hindsight i wish i had.
I understand the frustration at the delay but you were asked a straightforward question to which you answered 'yes' presumably because you met the symptom criteria being queried.

If you had symptoms it was the correct response and demonstrates integrity rather than answering dishonestly for reasons of personal convenience. Hopefully your F2F will soon be rescheduled. Best of luck.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You should've just answered no
Really? The fact an indivual tests negative on the day could mean it's a false negative and could also mean they have been in contact with people testing positive which prompted the requirement for a test.

An employer has a duty of care to safeguard all employees and there are, sadly, individuals who think only as individuals rather than as a team when it comes to exercising reasonable precautions.

Frustrating yes, but bear in mind recruitment & training has continued throughout the pandemic by exercising due diligence. It only takes one irresponsible person to close-down an entire training establishment through selfish or unwitting actions.