Medical card? Related documentation required by AFCO

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Took it today and apprently i need to update and get the new card one (like a credit card i suppose) anyone know how i go about getting one?

need it for my interwiew *text deleted*

Booker

Reaction score
Ring up yor GP, if they were as unhelpful as mine, then I rang NHS Direct and they sent it out within the week, were as good as gold.

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont worry mate , i still have my old cardboard one and they said it was fine

Ben

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well i just got back from my psyo test and i took my carboard medical card, he said when i return for the interview i need my new updated card! the carboard one is nooo good apprently!!

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well i just got back from my psyo test and i took my carboard medical card, he said when i return for the interview i need my new updated card! the carboard one is nooo good apprently!!

thats nuts, no 0ne said that to me , i hope its not true *text deleted* i have not got one and i have my interview on the 11th :doh:

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate, he made a point in telling me i needed this updated version, read your psychometric test letter confiming your test, at the very bottem it says all about it- if you still hold the card that starts with a series of letters...then a new number/card should be obtained

he made it clear to me today that the carboard one i had when i was a kid is no good (which i took today) he said i need to get a new updated version!

so looks like im on the phone to the docotors 2morow

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ring your gp, I had to apply for one in writing - which I thought was stupid!

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
not being funny, it does not say on ANY letter ive had nor has ANYONE mentioned it to me that i need a new plastic one

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well it says on my form, and told today, maybe its diffrent for other areas i dunno???

ring the careers office up 2morow mate and ask, no harm in asking is there??

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Seems a bit strange to me, i took my one which is a card/paper one and i had no problems no one even mentioned it to me. Possibly they are starting to use the updated ones only and only certain AFCOs have implemented it yet?

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
errrm, what the hell, i dont even have one of these and apparently my doctor has died since the last time i went which was when i was about 5 and i *text deleted**text deleted* my pants in the waiting room.

Can someone explain what it is, why and when you need it...

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
maybe, at least everyone now car check

i *text deleted* get mine sorted before 18th of this month, and im off to argentina for a gamsehow 2morow for 9 days *text deleted*

i really thought my carboard/paper one would be ok, apprently not, made me feel like i did somthing wrong

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
errrm, what the hell, i dont even have one of these and apparently my doctor has died since the last time i went which was when i was about 5 and i *text deleted**text deleted* my pants in the waiting room.

Can someone explain what it is, why and when you need it...

I have never been to the doctor or hospital, im registered with a gp but id too like to know what the *text deleted**text deleted* one of these cards is.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I rather think people often get confused with the following documents:

Blue & red National Insurance card:

NI_card.gif

The paper/cardboard NHS Medical card sent by GP surgeries to advise you of your NHS number (The number is often on the front of your birth Certificate anyway):

NHS%20Medical%20Card.jpg

And the E111 European Health Insurance Card (Which is of no use for NI, NHS numbers or Identity as the numbers are not relevant):

ehic.jpg