Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Medical cell?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Mattys, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Anyone been through these If capita have barred you on a condition but went through the appeal process?

Just looking at a timeframe on SEMC passing you fit or failing you or how they go about getting in contact with you?

They have my medical condition/documents so just hoping it isn’t something that’s going to take months to find out wether it will be passed or not.

2. HMW1722

HMW1722 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    My son was made PMU. His AFCO told him he could appeal but that it could take 3 years as there was a backlog. He sent off his appeal letter along with his consultant letter and was passed fit 3 weeks later. It was a real surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ty for the reply

I haven’t been made PMU by capita it’s more of they’ve already told me it’s a bar to entry but with me having to re apply and do everything again and me bein 30 soon the afco have sent my documents off to the medical cell so are doing me a massive favour by letting me no if I I will be able to be passed fit once applying.
    Hopefully it won’t be to long then

4. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    3 years? You sure it wasn't 3 months?!