Medical & Drugs !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big T

Civilian Member
Reaction score
How u doing Lads, Hope *text deleted* all well. Been keeping a sharp eye with the forum, been seeing a lot of positive stuff that’s going on with it Keep it up!
Just a Quick question during the medical do u have to do a piss test for drugs and what not? ( Not that i have, been off them for Months now mainly bud)
And what’s involved in the Medical
Cheers lads

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
you probably do have to do that *text deleted* but i heard they check your balls like squeeze them and make you cough to see if you have anything wrong with your bollocks.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
How u doing Lads, Hope *text deleted* all well. Been keeping a sharp eye with the forum, been seeing a lot of positive stuff that’s going on with it Keep it up!
Just a Quick question during the medical do u have to do a piss test for drugs and what not? ( Not that i have, been off them for Months now mainly bud)
Cheers lads
IS THAT THE LEGENDRY BIG T!!

*text deleted**text deleted* me welcome back man!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers lads
You will have a urine test done at the medical yes to check for protein in your urine and such, i do not know if they test for drugs with it though.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
You will have a urine test done at the medical yes to check for protein in your urine and such, i do not know if they test for drugs with it though.
THEY DO TEST FOR DRUGS!! AND EVERY TYPE OF DRUG

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
you probably do have to do that *text deleted* but i heard they check your balls like squeeze them and make you cough to see if you have anything wrong with your bollocks.
Thats why he's joining! For the medical

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just a Quick question during the medical do u have to do a piss test for drugs and what not?
alright fella, yeah you do a piss test, also got hearing test, measured my height, weight, and chest size, measured blood pressure, this was funny *text deleted* she couldnt get a pulse so i had to jump around the room in just my boxers, cock was flying everywhere *text deleted*

also checked my spine, reflexes, eye sight, and my bollocks.

it was quite intense but i suppose it has to be.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers lads
Been of them for months, mainly bud? Does that mean your mainly off them and still do a bit? or completly off everything all together.

For your benefit there is a drug test that can test for THC in your hair, that can show whether you have smoked green for the last 3 years, so if youve been smoking green regularly and quite a lot, say an eighth a week (just a guess) for the past 3 years, that test can pick it up.
During RT and when you have passed out you can be subjected to random drug tests whenever they want to give them too you.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Im very sensitive when it comes to my bollocks *text deleted*
i dont even like touchin myslef let alone a starnger squeezin em!!
as my girlfriend will know *text deleted*

never knowi might have a hidden gay side and enjoy it :D
:saythat:

bounty hunter

Reaction score
dont worry there aint no grabbing of the balls, they'll just cup and ask you to cough , but dont worry if you want to get felt up *text deleted* might be in for a treat if you ask them to be gentle *text deleted*:bigsmile:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Cheers lads
There can only be one reason why anyone would bother to ask the question quite frankly. You need to consider whether you want to take drugs or join the Services as it's not up for negotiation unfortunately. The phrase "been off them for Months now mainly" speaks volumes.

The Armed Forces random Compulsory Drug Test is under review at present and it is possible that a hair sample as well as urine sample will be used. Hair samples can reveal a history of drug useage & will make a user ineligible to continue to serve.

If you are or were a habitual drug user, then you need to seriously consider whether the Royal Marines are for you. Possibly staying off them for maybe six or twelve months would be a better gauge of whether you are cut out for a military lifestyle and not dependent in anyway- it also gives you 12 months to get yourself fit. Episiodes of psychosis, particularly from Cannabis use, can be an additional medical issue in itself.

At risk of preaching to you: The Policy on Drugs Misuse, on the Application Form Information & Guidance Booklet (AFCO Form 5, March 2007) states the following:

Drug Misuse

The short, medium & long term effects of illegal drug misuse can have a damaging impact on mental and physical fitness and health, and therefore constitute a direct threat both to the operational effectiveness of the Armed Forces and to the security & safety of Service personnel and, potentially, the civilians they protect. Illegal misuse of drugs by service personnel also damages the reputation and standing of the Armed Forces. Criminal convictions for trafficking or supply of any class and type of drug will bar entry into the Services.

You should be aware:

CANDIDATES WHO ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY

1. Candidates are not eligible for entry into the Naval Service and are not to be processed with any of the following unspent convictions:

a. Hospital Order.

b. Sexual offences (including those listed on the Sex Offenders Register).

c. Offences involving loss of life.

d. Arson.

e. Misuse of Drugs:

(I) Any offence relating to Trafficking or Supply of drugs.

(II) Any offence relating to the use of Class A drugs.

(III) More than one conviction for "possession for personal use" of a Class B or C drug.

f. Three or more offences against persons, property, dishonesty or serious motoring offences.

Hope that helps & good luck.

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Dang , all he did was a little bud Ninja...!! *text deleted*

been off them for months (comma) mainly bud!!

I think this means he has been clean for months, and he mainly smoked bud!

Weed and extasy are all too common these days among the younger generation and whilst not advisable, and as long as you ARE clean now, you should be ok...

Wanting to join the Marines should be the motivation to not even take one more drag of a spliff. It should also motivate you to not replace weed with ciggies as some do.. You need to be in a natural state to respond to training...
Smoking anything will zap your stamina!!

Just stop today and get a short hair cut (This is your second chance)...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Dang , all he did was a little bud ...!!
It would indeed be naive to think that people wishing to join the services had never tried drugs, but the issue is whether the applicant is an habitual user and merely thinks that giving up "mainly" or temporarily is all that's needed just for the purpose of joining. It isn't - whether you insert a comma & think it's not of significance or otherwise.

Interestingly, as an aside, I've had to offer support & guidance to the distraught parents of a 16 year old young lady who is discharged from the RN, having tested positive for cocaine at a random drug test. Needless to say, she claimed to be mystified how on earth she could have unknowingly have ingested it. The girl had served less than 12 months and had been on suicide watch. (Her parents incidentally, suggested that this particular case should be highlighted as an example to others.)

Incidentally, ecstasy is a class A drug, common or otherwise & is subject to more severe penalties.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Mr Stoker......whats Cocaine?

No seriously i know a ex-road racer who was coming up through the classes and id say would have bene a good contender for a WSB ride. He was found to have Cocaine and Speed in his system on the morning of a test session.

His FIM licence was revoked and he slipped out of minds eye, no one trusted him no one wanted to be involved. All for a bit of cheeky charlie......is it worth it.

Dont get me wrong we have all been there, and im not going to advocate any one here or myself :embarrest: But is it realy worth the risk doing what were doing.

Id be interested to see what her excuse was for it......

.....just a side note Tea containns fairly high traces of Benzoylecgonine, which is also found in the coca plant. And cocain can only stay in the system up to 72 hours....what could she have been doing at 16 where she was getting her nose down?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, thought it worth mentioning the Cocaine bit as it's a commonly held misconception that it cannot be readily detected.

Like I say, what you've done previously is of no concern, however it's the individual's attitude to the whole concept which is relevant if they decide they want to join the service.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Yep, thought it worth mentioning the Cocaine bit as it's a commonly held misconception that it cannot be readily detected.

Like I say, what you've done previously is of no concern, however it's the individual's attitude to the whole concept which is relevant if they decide they want to join the service.
I once climbed a clock tower to move the the hands......it got too high, i freaked out and they had to call the fire brigade......is that of concern? I have to admit if i could of had a bit of coke then it would have been so much better.....i *text deleted**text deleted* myself!

Am i going of the subject here?

This is the one if your interested.....*text deleted*............St Marys Church.....oh happy days

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Weed

I tried smoking it when I was at school *text deleted* everyone else was! Haven't smoked it for just over 6 years now. However, some of the people I know do smoke it, should I not be in the same room as them when they do? Is there a risk of it being in my system. Like when you walk down the street and blatantly smell it, does that mean its going into my system?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Will they ask you if you've ever done drugs?
By that I mean will the question be along the lines of;
"Have you done drugs in the past 12 months" or;
"Have you ever done drugs"?

Just wondering as I have a few times,
but the last time was like 3 years ago,
and even if they don't pick it up,
is it best to admit it just incase?

Will you frowned upon if you say you have?

Joe

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The main issue with drugs is your attitude toward them and whether or not you accept there's no place for them in the service and can offer categoric assurance that you are not a training risk. If you are viewed as at risk of being a user then we would always err on the side of caution because it is simply a huge waste of money employing you whilst we wait to have you dismissed for a positive result.

As stated, previous transgressions may not always be a bar to entry, but you need to be honest with yourself as well as the interviewer.

It is probably worth avoiding people who regularly use drugs for several reasons: one so that you are not tempted to join them by peer pressure and secondly because they can easily drag you down with them by spiking you drinks or food (maybe only as a joke to them but as a career-killer for you). If your mates get lifted as a group in possession of drugs by the local constabulary, rest assured there's a fair chance you could end up with a drugs conviction or caution likewise. There are also the latent ingestion aspects of passive drug inhilation which aren't particularly healthy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.