Medical exam - concern

Piper1

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm applying for the marines

I have submitted my medical forms and eye test, which I am confident that I passed, though I have one nagging issue with the medical examination. I was born with talipes (club foot) I know that talipes can be a bar to entry, but my case was not corrected with surgery, I had physiotherapy and a cast, the problem was considered fixed when I was about 7 and I have not had any problems since.

Am I likely to have issues with this being a bar to my entry? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's very difficult to offer advice in this area unfortunately as each case can differ.

Obviously the medical standards state it is an outright bar so any appeal against that must be based on fact to prove the condition was successfully corrected/cured and will not recur.

Good luck.

Piper1

Reaction score
To Update, I've been TMU'd or PMU'd after my call with a nurse. So I'll have to appeal. Which I was expecting. The nurse said it was worth me doing so I'm going to give it a go.

My only concern is, would anyone know my chances of getting through?

What would the examiner be concerned about when deciding on my eligibility?

Does anyone have any anecdotes of people treated for talipes who made it through the medical?

Are there any conditions that i'd be at risk of, justifying the reason for my potential rejection?

Answers to any of the above would be appreciated.

Thanks.