Medical Examination- What's involved?

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I couldn't touch my toes and I passed.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Depends on the apparent flexibility/fitness of the individual. Some people can lay the palms of their hands flat on the floor when bending forward, keeping their legs straight, others can't get anywhere near that but the Doc is looking to see that there are no rigid/inflexible vertebrae sections in the back.

A good way of increasing and maintaining flexibility is dorsal press-ups, where your pelvis downwards remain in contact with the deck and the other is to lay flay on your back, drawing your knees up to your chest and holding your knees against your chest for a slow count of five. Obviously sit-ups help too.

3. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Cheers, a bit late but I appreciate the responses. If anyone was wondering I actually passed first time which I believe is quite rare so feel quite lucky! Cannot stress the importance of getting your medical notes ready enough, I believe simply doing that could have potentially saved me months due to previous doctor appointments. My only issue now is that my knee is still playing up a bit and as a result I'm not quite fit enough for the PJFT yet so probably going to have to give my CA a call to get it deferred whilst I sort my knee out. It's one of them annoying ones that isn't severe but lingers and seems to take a fair bit of physiotherapy to get rid of. Hoping to at least run 3x a week and more physio and hopefully upwards from there. Thanks for the help!