Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Medical Examination- What's involved?

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I was informed that they have everything retained, all I had to do was re-apply and get my application in.

My new report on the condition is basically a slap to the face for the quacks. It’s been enough time now I’m more than ready.

2. Ando-2

Ando-2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi all,
    2 weeks ago I had my eye test and sent my medical away to be assessed, however I haven't received any phone calls or emails about the next stage but have had my selection interview (passed) can anyone advise me on how long they waited to here back from them? I have the Royal Marines awareness day on the 13th of June and am hoping to have a date for my PJFT before then! all advise is great-ful.

3. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

Ando-2 , It should normally be about 2 weeks , just ask you AFCO to check if Capita have booked you into anything ,if not they can send them a email as a prompt , you should be booked in for a Triage call , then if you pass that a face to face medical. If it gets to the RMAD you can do the 2.4 km run on that and it counts as your PJFT pass....so don,t get worked up , it it all fails to go to plan..The medical stage can and does cause hold up,s for all sorts of reasons.

You may have to ask a MODERATOR to change your user name if that is you actual name as well...real names are not used on the site for personal security reasons. @Chelonian

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Thanks. Forum user has sent me a PM.

5. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I have my medical tomorrow at 13:50 and I was planning on doing a PJFT mock at 9ish. Would anyone have an idea of anything in my medical that might be influenced by intense exercise other than injury obviously and if I should wait till after

6. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I believe the notes attached say don’t do intense exercise before the medical

• Like Like x 1
  7. Viking_axe

Viking_axe New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    After my Triage call, the nurse informed me that they would need further information on an old sports injury, from my GP. I got those sent off and got an email saying that those notes would be reviewed today. I have just received a new email with a date for the medical face-to-face appointment. Would this imply the issue they wanted notes on from my GP is now resolved?
    Thanks

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Generally it means your application can now move forward. If the information provided was an outright bar to entry, you would have been notified.

It could be that further physical examination of the issue is required to determine suitability, but in most cases it means the specific condition has been resolved. As ever, until the doc declares you have passed the face to face medical, it simply means you've reached the second stage successfully.

If it sounds as though I'm being cagey, that's just to infer that other issues can come to light at the face to face (f2f) medical examination such as issues with hearing loss, colour perception, blood pressure, hypermobility, heart defects, surgical or non-surgical scarring, lung function, bmi, weight etc., etc - in other words things that haven't been checked or maybe not declared on the questionnaire or during the initial triage call. For example, I know of someone that rocked-up at a f2f medical with a full plaster-cast on his leg, declaring it a "temporary issue" following a break after triage which he felt didn't warrant declaring to his AFCO. :)

Anyway, things are moving forward, hopefully with a positive outcome, so make sure you are ready to take & pass the PJFT. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cheath

cheath New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Guys, I’m about to take my medical but in the process of having a couple fillings done.

Will I be made TMU for this? Or is it something they’d look past if they can see you’ve made arrangements to have it rectified soon?

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I'd be very surprised if it is an issue.