Medical Examinations - Avoiding & Resolving unnecessary delays

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Thank you,

2. Gordo

Gordo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    @Ninja_Stoker

Do I need to have my medical before my PJFT? As I would like to complete my PJFT ASAP.

Cheers.

3. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    You need to have both medicals before the pjft otherwise you could have an issue get on the treadmill and something happens to you like an unresolved medical issue eg.

When do you have your medical?

4. Gordo

Gordo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I've had my psychometric test and interview. I'm booked in for my eye test on Wednesday but haven't heard anything about my medical yet.

5. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    You need to do your eye test and fill in the medical questionnaires and hand them to your afco who then provides them to capita who will email you a date and time they will be calling you (phone call medical) then if you pass that you will be given the face to face medical appointment to which your pjft will be within 14 days of passing that.

6. Gordo

Gordo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
  7. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

@Gordo if you had listened to your Careers Adviser you would not need to ask these questions! Your med forms went off today so you should have an e-mail for triage in about 7-10 days. Good luck on your RMAD 9th August............................remember failure is not an option.
    -nailbiting-

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. trow123

trow123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I have a medical date on the 17th of august which I'm chuffed with! However the past week I've had little niggling pains in my shins which I think is shin splints! At the moment I can run but I understand that if you continue to run with them they can get worse.. obviously I have to pass my pjft (which I struggle with) 14 days after my medical at the moment I can't even train for it? Not sure what to do? Should I call AFCO and explain or?

Any help appreciated!!

9. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

My advice is rather than go to a GP go to a Physio as Shin Splints are often wrongly diagnosed. If you go to your GP you will have to get signed off fit, to proceed with Navy medical. A physio is not documented on your GP notes. There is a bit of subterfuge but nothing underhand. If the physio does say it may be shin splints then you will have to let your AFCO know.

Hope this helps?

• Like Like x 2