Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Medical Face to Face - DOC Pickup Points

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by HEF_RM, Jun 19, 2019.

1. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Had my medical face to face today, they have asked me to come back in a month due to the following, just wanted to point out what happened, hopefully something to take away? Maybe, Maybe not:

My eye sight test at boots did not match up to the one performed at the medical, by a long shot on boot's part. They mentioned about getting it tested again at a different location for more accurate results, apparently this has been happening a lot with people applications

My flexibility was poor, being only able to touch around half way down my shins and limited movement when duck walking, once again she would like me to improve within a months timeline, due to being previously discharged with compartment syndrome in 2016, she wanted me to increase my range of movement in order to prevent something similar happening again.

Left ear was weaker than my right, however it didn't help the noise from the other rooms and waiting area, she wants this to be rested once again? Has anyone else had anything similar to this happened with regards to external noises affecting performance? I regret not saying something to her!

Ive been given a month to return, with greater improved flexibility, a new opticians report and a retest for my hearing. Fingers crossed it will all run smoothly.

I haven't gone through two opeartions and a years wait to fail on tight muscles!

Cheers

H

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Capita are nightmares especially the face to face, they will fail you on one thing then next time you go back you will pass on that but will fail you again on something that was mentioned 1st time around!

I had issues with the hearing test as the room I was in having it done had a main road just outside which I did mention at the time.

Not quite sure why you have to be more flexible as in be able to touch your toes I expect I’ve personally never been able to do that and if you get picked up on that again or failed on it it’s just silly but hopefully it’s nothing to worry about!

I’d be more frustrated with the distance the medical is from you if it’s far or not? Mine is w hours away so had to go there a few times for silly things was very frustrating none the less!

Good look in a months time let us know how you get on

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

It was in Cambridge so only a hour or so away, so not bad. Got the letter through this morning stating the outcome, so its all abit clearer now. Will keep you updated

4. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Were you at Cambridge AFCO when you went through your app the first time? And if so did you ever attend the weekly reservist training evenings?

5. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

Hiya mate, I started my app in 2015/2016 and went to the sessions taken by the RM from the CA

6. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Are you going to start going again when you pass your medical? I only ask because my CA has invited me to start coming along but I haven’t had the chance yet due to travel circumstances

7. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Had my resets this morning and passed. Documents being sent to Senior Doctor to be reviewed, she was confident that I would pass through. Happy days!

• Like Like x 1
  8. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Passed this morning. Roll on PJFT!

• Like Like x 5