Medical:gastric reflux

jones11

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new on here, awesome site though. Got a question does anyone know the chances of me passing a medical with gastric reflux in my medical history?i dont need prescribed medication for it anymore and i hardly get it,all it does is give me heartburn/indigestion anyway, gaviscon and rennie do the trick for me but if i did pass would i be able to take them to training with me

marine_shull

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
myt be abit of a dumb question but what exactly is gastric reflux *text deleted*...sorry just interested :huh:

seb

jones11

Reaction score
its where your stomach produces a little bit too much acid and it causes heartburn more than usual, like i said i still can do all my sports and very rarely get it anymore but can control it with a simple antacid now if it does

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, I have it too, doesnt affect anything other than when I eat really fast or lots of fatty food.
Aint seen anywhere talking about it though, So I'm not to sure personally.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new on here, awesome site though. Got a question does anyone know the chances of me passing a medical with gastric reflux in my medical history?i dont need prescribed medication for it anymore and i hardly get it,all it does is give me heartburn/indigestion anyway, gaviscon and rennie do the trick for me but if i did pass would i be able to take them to training with me

Doesn't sound like it would affect your ability to join. That said however its up to the Doctor at your medical to decide if its a problem, dont worry about it until you see the Doctor.

Best of luck with you application

Chris

jones11

Reaction score
thanks for your comments guys, I'm just *text deleted* wait to when i have my medical, thats only when I'm *text deleted* know for sure so suppose theres no use worrying about it now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Medical question General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 1
yorks71 Medical forms Parents & Partners 3
Biggles Medical Question General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 4