Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Medical history question

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by rmcanfau, May 24, 2020.

1. rmcanfau

rmcanfau Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hello,
    thank you, everyone, for your valuable info regarding the process in becoming an RM.
    just had a question regarding my medical history: earlier in February, I was diagnosed at the time with an acute stress fracture in my leg due to some pain I experienced after a weightlifting session. when I recently called my Gp asking for a review of my medical history, we talked through the report of the stress fracture and he said upon review (as I recovered in 2-3 weeks) he would remove it from my medical history as he was unsure of the diagnosis.
    I am a bit worried now, I want to do my application the right way and don't want this affecting my application negatively. should I ask my doctor to enter it to my history or just trust his judgement?
    thank you

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

So far as I'm aware, medical notes, once entered on the record, remain, even if it's a misdiagnosis.

Subsequent entries can indicate prior misdiagnosis and correct any errors but ultimately there was an issue which required a trip to the GP and if that's now resolved and the record reflects this, then there won't be an issue if a copy of the record is submitted together with the completed medical questionnaire from the outset.

If the copy of the corrected record is not submitted with the medical questionnaire, then the application will stall at the triage stage whilst the records are checked and verified.

Be aware that unfortunately there is a delay at the medical stage due to Covid-19 restrictions so every applicant must be prepared for delays until this element of selection is satisfactorily resolved.

3. rmcanfau

rmcanfau Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thank you ninja!