Medical History

Potential

Reaction score
Hi guys,

At what stage in the application do you need to get your GP to send your medical history for checking?

Thanks

chris1988

Reaction score
mate youll get a medical done by a GP who has a contract with the royal navy or you will get checked by a royal navy doctor, they ask you about your medical history, if you lie here youll get found out sooner or later! if the doc at the GP is happy youll pass, but if hes not sure hell write to your doc, and then hell write back. hope this helps!

Booker

Reaction score
Will be at any time after you pass your phychometric test and before you take your POC / PRMC mate.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
If you have had any serious medical problems in your life, its best to get a letter from your GP, so the doctor at the medical doesnt have to write to your GP for one which will take longer (Y)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you have had any serious medical problems in your life, its best to get a letter from your GP, so the doctor at the medical doesnt have to write to your GP for one which will take longer (Y)

A very good point.

The advice is only give the medical notes if the Medical Examiner says that he/she needs to write to your GP regarding a medical condition you may have or have had.

Prior to your Medical Examination, you can ask your GP for a copy of your medical notes regarding any conditions which may need further investigation. By providing those notes (if actually requested by the Medical Examiner) at your medical, you can effectively speed up the outcome of your medical suitability for service by around 4 weeks on average.

(Generally that's the average time it takes for a GP to respond to a medical query by the Service Doctor).

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Can i ask a question save me making a new topic:

So do they royal navy doctors or who ever does a medical on you, know everything you have been the doctors for?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Can i ask a question save me making a new topic:

So do they royal navy doctors or who ever does a medical on you, know everything you have been the doctors for?

Well I bloody hope they don't. I'll look like a right *text deleted**text deleted* but anyway, my next stage is my PRMC now so that's that on the medical side of the Navy.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, they have no access to prior notes by the looks of it - im not going through the GP route and if anyone had to it would be me.

New Threads