Medical in 5 days

RedCoat

Reaction score
My medical is in 5 days... i think im *text deleted*ed. Im still of 2kg . So how on earth am i going to get this and still get a decent BMI? Is ot worth calling them and arraging another date?

The Creature of the Night

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, mate.

If your BMI is over 28 (and your waist is over 37in); they’ll TMU you. It happened to me; though might be worth going, as the doctor advised me what diet to follow to lose the weight required. You could that 4ibs off in around 3 weeks so wouldn’t be a long deferral in any case

Best wishes:

RedCoat

Reaction score
Hi there, mate.

If your BMI is over 28 (and your waist is over 37in); they’ll TMU you. It happened to me; though might be worth going, as the doctor advised me what diet to follow to lose the weight required. You could that 4ibs off in around 3 weeks so wouldn’t be a long deferral in any case

Best wishes:

Cheers mate its not only that though im under weight but if i even try getting that 2kg up my bmi will be through the roof

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers mate its not only that though I'm under weight but if i even try getting that 2kg up my bmi will be through the roof

Think the best best, mate? Go to the medical and see what the doctor advises you to do. Indeed? You might pass it. Weight is a tricky thing, whether being under or over, but with the right balance (and advice from a medical professional); it can be balanced right.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
My medical is in 5 days... i think I'm *text deleted*ed. I'm still of 2kg . So how on earth am i going to get this and still get a decent BMI? Is ot worth calling them and arraging another date?

What’s your waist measurements in cm?

Elvis

Reaction score
Cheers mate its not only that though I'm under weight but if i even try getting that 2kg up my bmi will be through the roof
I have my medical on the 4th of july, currently 64.5kg without eating or drinking, 66kg after food and water, on the day. Just make sure you drink and eat as much as possible on the day before your medical and in the morning before, also don't piss or *text deleted* before. My waist is 31cm, no clue what my BMI is.

RedCoat

Reaction score
I have my medical on the 4th of july, currently 64.5kg without eating or drinking, 66kg after food and water, on the day. Just make sure you drink and eat as much as possible on the day before your medical and in the morning before, also don't piss or *text deleted* before. My waist is 31cm, no clue what my BMI is.

*text deleted* that is been my plan, try and eat as much as i can before the interview but i dont know how well that will go

Elvis

Reaction score
*text deleted* that is been my plan, try and eat as much as i can before the interview but i dont know how well that will go
Mate, drinking water helps a tone, drink at least 1.5 litres before going to the appointment, also eating bread, pasta and other carbs will help a lot. The next couple of days you need to be eating a lot. I was 63kg not so long ago and after eating a lot I've finally came in around 66kg.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score

To be honest I doubt your waist is 31cms . A BMI calculator requires height & weight.

The waist measurement is only relevant to those with a bmi near or over 28.

Here's a tip, but ONLY for those who are hovering around the 64/65Kgs: a litre of water weighs 1 kg and you need to give a pee sample at the medical, after the weigh-in. If anyone drinks more than a litre of water, the odds are they'll need a more voluminous sample container. And a mop.

RedCoat

Reaction score
To be honest I doubt your waist is 31cms . A BMI calculator requires height & weight.

The waist measurement is only relevant to those with a bmi near or over 28.

Here's a tip, but ONLY for those who are hovering around the 64/65Kgs: a litre of water weighs 1 kg and you need to give a pee sample at the medical, after the weigh-in. If anyone drinks more than a litre of water, the odds are they'll need a more voluminous sample container. And a mop.
Just looked at the bmi calculator and it said that i am would be overweight if i get to 65. Does that mean my bmi exceeds what is required?

Elvis

Reaction score
Just used that calculator and i'm 20.7 BMI which is just under dead centre. And i meant 31 inches, i'm 79cm waist *text deleted*, my bad haha.

Elvis

Reaction score
Just looked at the bmi calculator and it said that i am would be overweight if i get to 65. Does that mean my bmi exceeds what is required?
Just put in 162cm and 63kg and it says you have a BMI of 24? That's fine.

D

dodgyknees

You are only overweight (according to BMI calculator) because of your age...at only 16 this crude tool assumes you will have relatively low muscle mass as you are not fully developed. If you put your age in as over 20 you will see you are in the healthy zone. The doc will take this into account.

Bottom line is you need to be 65 Kg to get in. If you just hit the minimum weight do you really think they are not going to let you in for being too fat?

Do all you can to make the weight and go for your med appt...do not worry about BMI, worry about getting to 65Kg!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'm 16 so that may take that into account
How tall are you in cms?

If you are over 151.5cms tall, and weigh 65 kgs, your bmi is less than 28, so fine, regardless of age.

If you are less than 151.5 cms tall, you are unfortunately under the minimum height to join regardless of weight or bmi.

RedCoat

Reaction score
How tall are you in cms?

If you are over 151.5cms tall, and weigh 65 kgs, your bmi is less than 28, so fine, regardless of age.

If you are less than 151.5 cms tall, you are unfortunately under the minimum height to join regardless of weight or bmi.
I am 162cm i know i an definitely tall enough. I checked before i applied.