Medical Issue just before PJFT

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Firedrake, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Firedrake

Firedrake New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I was TMU’d 2 months ago for having white coat syndrome during my medical. My 24hr BP results came back the other day fine and I am expecting to be made medically fit this week or next.

Problem is I started having an issue with my hip joint 3 weeks ago and it is still bad enough that I don’t think I am going to be fit for my PJFT within 28 days. I can just about get through the first run but it is particularly uncomfortable. I am seeing a physio tomorrow to see what the issue is but am wondering how best to approach this with the AFCO. I don't want to be seen as the person who bottles it just before the tests but neither do I want to go straight to the doctor about it. I assume it would be dealt with in a similar way to shin splints so what would be the downtime before being made medically fit again? I am 33 in March and am concerned I am going to miss the boat.

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I'd suggest that you have a chat with your Careers Adviser once you've sought the opinion of the physio. Clearly the biggest problem is your proximity to the age limit.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that your CA has well developed senses to differentiate between candidates with genuine injury niggles and the time wasters so don't worry about it. Best of luck.

• Seen Seen x 1