Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Medical issue

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by bluenose1664, Apr 13, 2019.

1. bluenose1664

bluenose1664 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I’m sure I read somewhere if you have more than 5 things on *text deleted* medical record it’s a PMU. Am I misinformed or is this correct?

2. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

Not correct ,it depends on what those conditions are and where they sit / fall under the JSP 950.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Do you have a link?

4. bluenose1664

bluenose1664 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I don’t sorry, I will look though as I’m intrigued to find it. I’m adamant I’ve seen it somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I do remember there was a limit to the number of attempts undertaken when writing to your GP but as @The guide states, it depends what the ailments are. Statistically, if you have a lot of issues on your medical records, there's a higher probability something will be a show-stopper.

Possibly @CHUB! can remember a previous mandated maximum number of issues, but I can't recall it.

6. bluenose1664

bluenose1664 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That’s good to hear, I have more than 5 things on my medical records but I’m sure most people do too. Is it worth applying but declaring that I intend to defer my application upon passing the medical?