Medical, need advice

Birdie112

Reaction score
So my reckoning came, got made PMU today for stupidly mentioning I had a twinged back at a physical for my new GP.
Turns out the nurse quoted 'sciatica' on my paper review.
I've contacted my GP to inform them that the nurse who diagnosed my sciatica (within 10 seconds of me saying I have some lower back pain) that it must have been muscular since I never had any nerve pains. They aren't budging at all on the diagnosis.
Is this the end of the line for me? I'm looking at the appeals but if the GP surgery refuse to help in anyway, are their any options?
I understand sciatica is immediate bar, but in reality my condition more than likely wasn't sciatica since the pain felt 100% muscular and not nerve related.
Any help at all would be brill. If it helps, the pain lasted 2 weeks

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
You will need to speak to your GP and ask for an appointment, and politely explain the above to them face to face and stress this has a direct impact on a job application so could it be reviewed as 10 second RV from a nurse (however good they may be) should not be given as a matter of fact for a diagnosis of this nature, if not helpfull ask for a 2nd opinion as Sciatica is not a once only condition in the main. As it stands you have the diagonisis on your notews and it,s your GP Capita will go to in the first instance . going proivate may prove fruitless as unless you havce the issue now for them to diagnose it just your word against your own medical practice, some may help others may not and it,s still on your notes.!

Birdie112

Reaction score
Cheers. I rang them back and explained the situation to them fully again. They seemed to be a bit more cooperative. Said they will get back to me, hopefully with some good news.
If they can't help, I'm guessing you're right about the second opinion, since it's not happening now there's nothing to diagnose. If not I'm just *text deleted* have to lodge the appeal with a full description that I've never had time off work for it, or interuppted my training exercise. Hopefully that night convince them, if not then no idea.
Cheers

New Threads