Medical on thursday......

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Ive got my medical examination on thursday so hopefully do my pjft the following day... at my AFCO i was told- before the medical not to do any intense excercise for 48 hours as this can increase the ammounts of protein in the urine test, resulting in a failure (which i obviously dont want to do.) My plan was to get back running most days this week as ive had a few off just training at the gym, is this right meaning i should have a couple of days off beforehand cause i cant understand why that would affect it??

Cheers,

Lee

robj

Reaction score
My AFCO didnt mention anything like that, but if you're concerned about being in shape for the PJFT then i'd suggest just putting it back a few days, youve got 28 days on completion of the medical to do your PJFT (i think) so its no rush, a few extra days won't make a difference.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nah pjft isnt a problem at all im quite happy about doing that i get around 9.20 no problems but i just wanted to keep running this week in preparation (fingers crossed) for a PRMC this side of xmas if all goes well. Just cant understand why training would affect the protein in urine ah well guess either way if i dont train the day before i cant go wrong!

Cheers,

Lee

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Have to say, whilst not in possession of a degree in medicine, I'd love to know who advised you about the potential to fail a medical because you were keeping fit!

I'd treat that advice with a heavy dose of scepticism unless you have a medical condition & the advice came from a medical professional.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good job! cheers for that i had the same thought myself just wanted to make sure, clears that one up!

cheers,

Lee

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well unless you throwing 40 protein shakes a day down your neck...i think you have nowt to fear.

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was training right upto the night before my medical and still passed. Can't see it being a problem.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
To much protein ?

You'l be fine, its easy, 5-10 minutes, all you basically do is shake your left leg here your right leg here, in out, in out, shake it all about. Hearing test, open your mouth, puts a stick in your urine sample, check your balls..

and thats it.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:D Passed it no problem even after training all week, all that quizzing for nothing, pjft tomorrow! do you reckon id still make it for a prmc this side of christmas?

cheers,

Lee

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I think there may well still be places on PRMC before Christmas- get your PJFT boxed-off soonest & you may just make it in time.

Good luck.