Medical (potential) problem?

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know this has been spoken about time and time again but please hear me out as I understand this is a case by case basis.
When I was younger, about 8 years ago I was prescribed an inhaler for a chest infection, now a few weeks ago I went to my GP just to have a look at my record to prepare in advance and it just says "Asthma - 2012". Which is absolutely untrue, the date is incorrect as this issue was in 2008-9, and at the time I was told it was a chest infection which caused a slight wheeze and I took a peak flow test, and it was relatively low which is expected when having a chest infection.
I took a peak flow test again a few weeks ago (very nearly 9 years after the last one) and my GP said it was fine, but he says he cannot change what is on my record.
I have had multiple GP's since I'm a Pads Brat so my record is a bit all over the place, and the GP that i spoke to back then is a different bloke to my one now.
I understand this may cause delays in my application? Completing a peak flow diary and my GP a questionnaire etc?
I just want to know what my odds are of being made PMU, I only used the inhaler about 4 times and I'm fit as anything now.. I was a fat kid.
I've got 6 months before I can continue my application anyway and I'm just trying to tie off loose ends.
Thank you for reading, any help is seriously appreciated. (This topic is very worrying to me, I'm hoping I've got a pretty strong case)

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I know the rules with Asthma haven't changed - More than four years clear of any symptons or treatment and you're fine, unless you've a history of oral steroids or asthma attacks/hospitalisation.

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I know the rules with Asthma haven't changed - More than four years clear of any symptons or treatment and you're fine, unless you've a history of oral steroids or asthma attacks/hospitalisation.
Yeah I'm definitely 4 years clear mate, it was literally that one time thing

New Threads