Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Medical Query - Anxiety/Depression

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by SRGJ94, Jun 30, 2020.

1. SRGJ94

SRGJ94 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Long story short whilst at university I gamed the system allowing me to have extensions with my coursework as well as certain exams, all it took was a doctors letter stating that I was experiencing anxiety/depression and I could request it fairly easily. (lack of integrity) As a result of this on my medical records there are multiple occasions of me going to the GP and stating that im struggling with anxiety. For the anxiety no medicine was every given however I did get a prescription for depression which as the GP is putting in the request for information was never refilled. Looking at the Navy requirements the likely outcome is that I will be made PMU.

Will a full psychiatric evaluation hold much weight in the likely event that I need to appeal?

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

One of the CAs will be along to advise, but this is one of the occasions in life where decisions come back to bite you in the arse. One of the key building blocks of becoming an RM is integrity; in your words you displayed a lack of it.

I have no idea what the outcome will be, but even if you can prove that you did not have a medical problem, if I was sat the other side of the desk interviewing someone who openly states that they played the system, they would have to work extremely hard to prove to me that they have changed their ways.

Good luck

• Nailed It Nailed It x 3
    • Like Like x 2