Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Medical Records

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by RMSoldier12, Jun 11, 2020.

1. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi All,

Just wondering - I went to university in the states, but kept my GP in the UK throughout that period. Will CAPITA want access to my medical records from abroad or will they be satisfied with GP records in UK?

Thanks!

2. snoflake

snoflake New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    From my experience, you'll likely be asked for more details if you have a medical condition, have been injured or anyone in your family has a condition. If there's nothing then the UK record should be fine. But believe me, they'll let you know if they need more :D
    If you haven't been to your medical appointment yet then just so you know if you have been injured they may make you TMU and ask you to complete a 12-week training diary to assess your injury and how it develops.

Good luck!

3. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If there’s something on your records that happened in the states that could be a bar to entry or may cause you some issues that’s not on *text deleted* records in the uk then you would still have to declare that issue on the medical questionaire.

Did anything happen to you in the states medical wise?

4. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I was diagnosed with ADHD, and I have disclosed this on the questionnaire but Ive never had a UK diagnosis or treatment in my entire life. There’s significant differences between US/UK protocols on diagnosing this but I’ve heard Capita aren’t the most flexible people. I know there has to be a three year medication/symptom free period and I don’t actually know when I was last prescribed it. So worried this is going to stop me or PMU me.

5. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    When was you diagnosed with ADHD?

6. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Diagnosed in 2014 when I went to university there. Although I know I’m not a medical professional and my opinion means squat, but I’m certain I wouldn’t have been diagnosed in the UK. Question is whether that would mean anything to Capita is really the question, I suspect not unfortunately.

7. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Is I showing on your medical records?

Hopefully one of the recruiters come along soon and can cast their experience with it.

@Ninja_Stoker

• Like Like x 1
  8. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Only thing that shows on my medical records in the UK is that I had blood work and general health check up to make sure I was fit enough to take the medication in the States over three years ago. It specifies the medication in the records, but I have no UK diagnosis or treatment. From reading the posts about Capita it seems like they aren’t really interested in taking the applicants side on these matters, which is a huge disappointment.

9. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

The very simple reason for this is some applicants straight up lie , and Dr,s in the main don,t.!. Capita have a set of rules (wrong or right is another debate) and use medical contemporaneous notes to go by and if you fall wide of the mark , you can appeal and it goes via the Navy team , who do not have the capacity to do every medical.

ADHD on US notes will ber taken as a correct diagnosis , as for most "condition" diagnosis the US meets a common framework , bloods being one area they dont for example!.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  10. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Absolutely, and that makes total sense. I just hope they will understand my perspective and see that it doesn’t and never has interfered with my performance. The U.S. is just pretty relaxed on this stuff and it does help your concentration. Thanks for the help!

11. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I have spoken with my GP who is going to write a letter supporting my case, but I have already sent my Medical Questionnaire off. Should I wait to have my Triage call or should I just send this letter as soon as I can?

Thanks all for the advice, much appreciated!

12. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

Hold on to it , you have not been made anything yet.!!;)