Medical referred

BeardedMan

Reaction score
So lads I need help. I’ve just gone for my medical today and I’ve been told I’m fully fit and what not but I also have slight tremors in my hand which doesn’t effect me with anything but my hand writing, so the dr said he would pass it on to the medical team for them to give the final decision even though he said he was fine with it.
What I want to know is has this happened to anyone else? And how ping did it take for them to get back to you?

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
Without being too dramatic and I'm certainly not a medical expert, but if you are having tremors in your hand do you not think there maybe an issue with you holding and sighting a weapon?

Good luck

Alan

BeardedMan

Reaction score
I should have added that they only come out when I’m nervous but you can really see them otherwise and I used to own an air rifle and had no problem with shooting on target

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
I should have added that they only come out when I’m nervous but you can really see them otherwise and I used to own an air rifle and had no problem with shooting on target
Ok. The thought of a PW standing over me on Straight Point Range berating me made me extremely nervous!

Alan

Cheezy hammy eggy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was a Police Firearms officer for 20 yrs with a tremor, couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo!! :)
No, you should be fine tremors seem to go when holding onto something, no duff!

BeardedMan

Reaction score
Not a lot makes me nervous but I’ll just have to wait and see what they say about it then

Chelonian

Reaction score
...but I also have slight tremors in my hand which doesn’t effect me with anything...
My tip is that you do not Google symptoms of hand tremors. The Law of Internet clearly states that even the most harmless of symptoms will always first be attributed to catastrophic, terminal, neurological diseases. :)

As an aside, about thirty years ago my shooting partner won national championships in Practical Pistol shooting disciplines. His previous careers involved him flying Lightnings in the RAF and subsequently Boeing 747s for BOAC and BA.

But he had very shaky hands which were only an issue if he attempted to carry a cup of tea on a saucer.