Medical/Running

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alrite guys! Firstly, i havn't been on in about a week... but only because i am currently doing my intensive driving corse (test tomorrow!!).

Secondly, i passed my interview!! The lady who interviewed me gave me the date of 28th feb for my medical (it was the earliest possible date) which i am not too woried about! So il be doing my PJFT soon after that... probably early march but... im ready for it!!

Finaly, i want to knock a minit or so off my 2.4km.. i have been doing my regular 3-5 mile runs, and have now started interval/fartlek training but.... i have had one or two people recomend i should be running with weight on my back... would this benefit my 2.4km treadmill times?

South.

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its not recommended mate if you want to loose a bit of time 400 meters sprints are pretty good.

cliffhanger

Reaction score
Fartlek is brilliant, it's helped me loads! Give it a go and see what you think.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would not recommend any back packs or anything. Perhaps just a load bearing vest you can buy, or some strap on ankle weights. Running with added weight will tire out the body more, however, it also increases the chance of injury. So you might want to weigh the pros and the cons. If you twist your ankle it hurts. If you twist your ankle with more weight on your back, it's *text deleted* hurt more. Running properly with no weight will get you great shape as well, if you follow your fartlek training, you should achieve the results you want without chancing a higher injury percentage. Those are just my suggestions.

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the advice guys... think il give the running with weight a miss for now :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yorks71 Medical forms Parents & Partners 3
B Medical Question General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 4
D Medical General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 4