Medical Standards for Entry

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Gymlad

Gymlad New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Likewise prescribed eczema medication within the last three years will be an issue

Would it be counted as eczema medication if its for hard skin?

2. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Excema medication is usually a streriod cream! Hydrocortisone is a mild one which I currently use. Others for severe flare ups include Eumovate cream and Clobaderm. These contain the streriod clobetasone butyrate. Check your medication. If you have been given a streriod cream. Then from what @Ninja_Stoker is saying, then you need to be 3 years clear.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gymlad

Gymlad New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So I should be good with just moisteriser?

4. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

I'm no medical expert mate? But I guess it depends what's on the medical records?

• Seen Seen x 1
  5. Gymlad

Gymlad New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    OK thank you

6. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I have grommets in my ears they were put there when I was very little. My hearing is fine now. Would this affect me joining the Royal Marines?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

As long as they're now out (they usually fall out eventually), the tympanic membrane is intact and you pass the routine hearing test, you should be OK.

8. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah sorry mate I'm an idiot I only just found out they take 6 months to fall out:D

9. J9147650

J9147650 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    So, I have a question. I'd applied to the Paras before the Marines and they'd already done all my medical stuff. I wasn't planning on joining them really, so I'd forgotten about it. Anyway, they'd failed me on 'chronic parasomnias' and anxiety between 2010 and 2013. I'm now worried this will pop up during the Marines medical, obviously. The anxiety I've been clear of since 2012 but they kept giving me bloody tablets that I didn't take. The parasomnia I was disagnosed with in 2013 after my then girlfriend had insisted I was doing weird shit in my sleep - she later revealed she'd made most of it up. I definitely had some issue, but it's been resolved for almost four years now. No sleep issues at all. Is there anyway I can get around this?

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Bottom line is it is reviewed on a case by case basis.

The tip? Provide all the positive supporting evidence from the outset, do not wait to be rejected then appeal.