Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Medical Standards RNR vs RMR

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Aerial, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Aerial

Aerial New Member

If a potential RNR recruit decided to switch to the RMR after having passed an RNR medical (or vice versa), would the recruit need to retake a medical as I assume the standards would be slightly different? Any guidance would be appreciated.

2. SCOTTY6

SCOTTY6 Royal Marines Commando

I’m no expert on it, hopefully someone would be able to shed some light on it, but I would assume you would have to do it again, the RM medical is very stringent. Being in field conditions can aggravate the smallest things. Lads have known to have failed Medicals for something as small as achne.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aerial

Aerial New Member

That would also be my assumption. I've heard anecdotally that lads have been able to transfer over on the same medical, but also heard of others having to redo it so was wondering what the official position is.

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

If either @The guide or @CHUB! spot this they are best placed to give you a definitive answer.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The medical standards for RN or RM entry differ only on branch within the Naval Service.

For example, a Royal Marines Commando needs to have visual acuity standard 3 (VA3) & colour perception standard 4 (CP4), whereas as a RN Pilot needs VA1, CP2. Etc, etc.