Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Medical Triage Phonecall

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by Daffs, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi all....my son is having his medical triage phonecall today. From what I've read, does the fact that he broke his arm years ago mean they will TMU him immediately and request further info from the doc ? Surely it's simpler for them to request that you provide the necessary info when you submitt the medical questionnaire ? Perhaps we should have done that anyway. I smell a DELAY coming

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Generally the AFCO advise the individual to obtain and provide the relevant medical notes/record relating to any medical condition which is declared on the medical questionnaire and returning it with the optician report form and the completed questionnaire - it can saves weeks/months waiting for letters to GP's, GP's requiring payment upfront & then the medical notes being provided, reviewed & the application moving forward.

In short, the odds are that there's likely to be a delay whilst they write to the GP for detail, unfortunately.

More on the subject here: https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/how-to-join-the-royal-marines-fast.110631/

3. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Ninja_Stoker wish I had used my brains from the offset. They did not request any back up documentation on the medical questionaire, but in hindsight I should have just sent it all anyway. Have waited 2 weeks to get a letter from the Ortho who attended to his broken arm, now I need to email this letter back to the nurse who did the medical triage. Crossed fingers !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

To be fair it's not an obvious thing to do, a fellow careers adviser mentioned it to me and I had a "kerching moment" and wondered why I'd never thought of it myself.

Fingers-crossed, all will be swiftly resolved.