Medical

bigtoe123

Reaction score
I've got my medical triage call tomorrow which means I'll have medical pretty soon. I'm not on any medication don't have to go for any regular check up. But I had a heart operation when I was about 6 or 7 from which I was discharged year later from. I don't require any futhfur medical treatment or medication for this. Will this still be an issue .

RobFOB

Reaction score
Keyhole surgery might not be a problem as far as I'm aware (provided you definitely have no symptoms) as I got in touch with the medical cell over an op I had. This is one for @Ninja_Stoker though!

Parkercat

Reaction score
Im in the same stage as you.. I had a fracture on my right hand around 3years ago and classed temporally unfit just until they get notes from the doctors, so id recommend to go to the doctors and just get it checked up with so that when it comes to the time of them asking for details you can say you have been and they have a record of you going, just can help speed it all up.

bigtoe123

Reaction score
I'm in the same stage as you.. I had a fracture on my right hand around 3years ago and classed temporally unfit just until they get notes from the doctors, so id recommend to go to the doctors and just get it checked up with so that when it comes to the time of them asking for details you can say you have been and they have a record of you going, just can help speed it all up.
They've sent away for notes from my doctor, so I'll know this Friday. I can't see there being any issues as I'm not on any medication or anything

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Heart conditions can be an issue depending on the nature of the defect and the procedure undertaken.

Uncomplicated fractured feet/hands, not involving long bones or joints, plates, pins or surgery is usually OK after 6 months treatment-free, assuming there is no loss of mobility/functionality once recovered. Often they will knock people back a year, but it's worth requesting a review by the service entry medical cell if it was a minor break.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yorks71 Medical forms Parents & Partners 3
B Medical Question General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 4
D Medical General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 4