Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Breeze2

Breeze2 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi I had my medical today, all went to plan except for my blood pressure being slightly too high and needed to complete the wire colour match test for colour blindness up at my afco office. The blood pressure could have been down to nerves but also that I had been at work all morning lifting timber around (I’m a carpenter) and had to go in my lunch break. I passed my pjft last week and they measured my blood pressure and it was absolutely fine. As a result I need to go to my gp and get my pressure tested 3 times in two weeks, not too much of a problem but with capita it’s going to be a long old wait. So has anyone had any similar experiences in their medical? And has anyone had to take the wire colour match test for colour blindness?

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

From time-to-time otherwise healthy candidates at PJFT 'fail' the BP test prior to stepping onto the treadmill. So-called 'white coat syndrome' can affect some individuals.

If you enter White Coat Syndrome into the forum search box you'll find other people's experiences and a few tips. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

3. Breeze2

Breeze2 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Okay thank you for your reply, I think that’s all it was. Just nerves about the final result as this is my last step before the prmc and just wanted to get it sorted today

• Like Like x 2