medical?

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i am 5,11-6ft and 15st i aint got that much fat at all but am i *text deleted* pass my medical ?, i got it on thursday please help!!!

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Why wouldnt you? If your worried about your BMI dont be, they will take into account muscle mass aswell as it weighs heavier than fat. I passed and im 5'10 and 14 stone. Again, no fat, just heavy.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 5'8 and 11 stone, i have a rugby build if you know what i mean, muscle chest, beefy legs and broad shoulders. Not fat, just heavy :D

M

MTW

they only take in acount your "muscle mass" by measuring your waist, thats it. its not the most acurate of tests, i was 16 stone and 6'2 and i got 29.5 and got failed temporarily, the limit is 29, im now 14.9 bmi 26.... but im big built and heavy, not fat, and i still failed, and if your 5'11-6ft at 15 you might be on the limit.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Again, a recurring theme. The issue guys, is that you do not want to bulk-up your muscle mass too much before recruit training because the excessive weight you carry, albeit not fat, will make running at speed over the distance unnecessarily arduous during recruit training

The important thing to remember is if you pass medical you may also pass PRMC but it's important to balance CV exercise & upper body strength in equal measure.